FHT Warehouse Manager
The Pantry, by Feeding Hawaii Together, is the only e-commerce pantry in the country operating weekly, year-round, to provide fresh, diverse, nutritional food to the families of Hawaii. For over 20 years, we have been serving our Oahu community with a “grocery store style” experience so clients can choose the items they want, when they need it. This model gives our clients a voice regarding what they receive and helps to eliminate waste. The Pantry is focused on providing for the health and well-being of the whole family, and has recently expanded to providing key essentials like face masks, hand sanitizer, shampoo, toothbrushes/toothpaste, baby diapers, feminine hygiene products, pet food, and household cleaning supplies. By developing innovative ways to provide quality products for free, The Pantry has become one of Hawaii’s largest food and product distribution services addressing the urgent issue of food insecurity and providing for the well-being of families.
Warehouse Manager duties and responsibilities
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations
- Implementing operational policies and procedures.
- Implementing and overseeing safety and security of operations.
- Ensuring effective and safe use of warehouse equipment.
- Ensuring safety of staff and volunteers.
- Maintaining documentation and keeping accurate records of warehouse activities.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse: inspects equipment and vehicles, issues work orders for repairs, and requisitions for replacement. Documents and maintains records for all required maintenance logs.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, OSHA, and shipping requirements; enforces adherence to requirements; advises Executive Director on needed actions
- Performing all deliveries and pickups, ensuring safe and legal practices in all manners.
- Support distribution days and other relevant activities
- Promote the brand of The Pantry
- Create a culture of inclusiveness, passion, and joy
- Performs other related duties as required.
- 5+ years warehouse management experience.
- Excellent understanding of warehouse management procedures.
- Proficient knowledge of inventory and inventory controls.
- Valid drivers license.
- Ability to operate forklift effectively; valid forklift certification required
- Ability to operate manual and automatic pallet jack effectively; valid certification required
- Proficient computer skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding leadership, organizational, multitasking and problem-solving skills.
- Commit to upholding policies, principles and best practices for food safety.
- Understand the personal responsibility to follow all safety policies and health rules, programs and procedures, and report all safety issues, incidents or accidents immediately.
- Food Handler certification will be required