FHT Volunteer and Distribution Coordinator
The Pantry, by Feeding Hawaii Together, is the only e-commerce pantry in the country operating weekly, year-round, to provide fresh, diverse, nutritional food to the families of Hawaii. For over 20 years, we have been serving our Oahu community with a “grocery store style” experience so clients can choose the items they want, when they need it. This model gives our clients a voice regarding what they receive and helps to eliminate waste. The Pantry is focused on providing for the health and well-being of the whole family, and has recently expanded to providing key essentials like face masks, hand sanitizer, shampoo, toothbrushes/toothpaste, baby diapers, feminine hygiene products, pet food, and household cleaning supplies. By developing innovative ways to provide quality products for free, The Pantry has become one of Hawaii’s largest food and product distribution services addressing the urgent issue of food insecurity and providing for the well-being of families.
Role Summary and Purpose
The Volunteer and Distribution Coordinator is responsible for managing all elements of volunteering at The Pantry. This role will be responsible for recruiting, training, managing, and organizing all volunteers at The Pantry, including volunteer “shopping” and “distribution” days. Enjoys working with diverse groups of people. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Recruiting, training, and supervising new and existing volunteers.
· Collecting volunteer information, availability, and skills, and maintaining an up-to-date database.
· Ensure sufficient volunteers are scheduled for the appropriate volunteer opportunities and days
· Preparing codes of conduct and operating procedures to uphold the organization’s values.
· Prepare schedules and assignments for volunteers in advance of their shifts; communicate with volunteers before, during, and after their experience
· Work with businesses to plan their corporate social responsibility and to select The Pantry to be their volunteer project of choice; provide tours of The Pantry facility as appropriate
· Coordinate, troubleshoot, and manage volunteers on distribution and shopping days
· Oversee and monitor volunteer database and record maintenance: application forms, hours logs/records, and any other documents
· Ensure that volunteers work in a safe, healthy, and supportive environment
· Keep and manage records of volunteers’ information and work
· Create training packets for each volunteer opportunity
· Support distribution days and other relevant activities
· Promote the brand of The Pantry
· Create a culture of inclusiveness, passion, and joy
· Performs other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
· Proven experience as Volunteer Coordinator or similar role
· Experience in volunteering
· Experience in sourcing and recruiting
· Some knowledge in Employer Branding and Recruitment Marketing
· Working knowledge of databases and MS Office (especially Excel)
· Experience using HR and recruiting tools
· Team player
· Good time-management skills
· Great interpersonal and communication skills
· BS/BA in business administration, human resources or relevant field
· Commit to upholding policies, principles and best practices for food safety.
· Understand the personal responsibility to follow all safety policies and health rules, programs and procedures, and report all safety issues, incidents or accidents immediately.
· Food Handler certification will be required
Compensation: $45,000 – $60,000 per year. Benefits include paid time off, Roth / 401k plans, 14 paid holidays, and healthcare.
Working Conditions: Ability to walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis. Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and reach overhead. Ability to operate computer and telephone. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
Disclaimer: Feeding Hawaii Together is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment “at will” organization. This job description does not imply or constitute an offer of employment. Feeding Hawaii Together is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Interested candidates can click the above link or submit the following to email@example.com:
- A cover letter that details 1) why they are interested in the position 2) what experience / qualifications they have for the role 3) what they will bring to the organization
- A resume
- College transcripts, if applicable
Feeding Hawaii Together is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment “at will” organization. This job description does not imply or constitute an offer of employment. Feeding Hawaii Together is an equal opportunity employer.